Thursday 19 March 2020

Polytunnel progress and Coronavirus consequences

This weekend was the first break in the rain since forever (October) and for once there were no storms forecast so we managed to get the poly tunnel plastic on!

James was recovering from a rather nasty norovirus and I was full of cold; you should have seen the state of us filling the trench, it was pretty pathetic. 

But it was all worth it, we now have a covered structure. Now to the digging inside...



On another note following the COVID-19 outbreak my beekeeping course has been cancelled for this year, gutted.

James' work has banned overtime and put them on short time, so that will be difficult, but we won't be the only ones.

My work however is absolutely mental. The surgery is incredibly busy, with mostly phone consultations, I seem to spend my whole day signing prescriptions. For all the Facebook posts about supporting the NHS workers, there are an incredible amount of abusive patients who throw their toys out of the pram when they don't get what they want.

Now the schools are closing tomorrow, for those of us that have to work more hours in healthcare it's going to be tough to have the kids looked after. I can't wait for some time off, I think we're in it for the long haul right now.

I have never been more grateful for being that weirdo who keeps the cupboards stocked!

5 comments:

  1. Gutted you've got your tunnel covered before mine! How long did it take? Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry people are so rude, when you are doing a sterling job. I went to our local Iceland this morning, they have a policy of only 1 bread and milk and people were just so rude to the staff. I know people are scared, but we should be working together. Love your poly tunnel, can't wait to see what you grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a huge poly tunnel, and well done for getting it covered in readiness for the growing season. Hope you all stay well. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tunnel. Mine is only three hoops but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beekeeping course could probably be found online or something similar.

    ReplyDelete