Sunday 26 January 2020

Polytunnel beginnings and beekeeping

So it's been our goal to get back to growing food for the last few years. We've had our work cut out on the house, but we've come to the end of the last big project.

The field next door had a poly tunnel in when we bought it, but a wood had grown around and through it since it was last used. It was used in a commercial business, so is 13 metres long; we should have plenty of room for my veg in there.

Towards the end of last year we dismantled the frame and the last few weeks we've been reassembling it where we hope it will get some sun, but be a little sheltered from the wind that whips up the hill.




James has made some doors out of wood we've had knocking about and today I ordered the plastic. So we now have something keeping us busy for the next few weeks.

So to the most exciting news...today I booked onto a local beekeeping course!!! I've always wanted to keep bees and in keeping with my life's too short philosophy I'm getting started on the path. The plan is probably to save some money for all of the equipment etc, but I need to know what to do and if it's for me first so here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment