Sunday 22 January 2017

Back to being a student

James has been working evenings at home this week to get our bedroom plastered and today he finished all four walls with just the chimney breast to go. It's looking great and it's almost at the stage where I can lend my painting skills. 



On Friday I attended an induction day for the university course to do my prescribing certificate. To be honest they scared me to death with the amount of work required over the next 6 months. I had been told it takes 12 hours a week to complete, but they said it needs 100 hours a month, where will I find the time? I think to be honest you just find the time when you have to.

I'm still not fully enrolled, I've had to take just about every official document that I've ever had and I still hadn't taken everything they want. This leaves me without my student ID, which I'm told is required to get into the medical school there, so I'll have to attach myself to someone else to get me in, I'm not looking forward to that.

So tomorrow I'm back in to do my first day in a classroom in 10 years, how exciting and scary.

There are some very pretty (and ugly) parts of campus and I had a wonder round. I didn't take any pictures but I found this a few online so you can see the best bits.







5 comments:

  1. I hope your studies go well.....all that hard work will pay off, of that I am sure! I did some courses at Canterbury University (in Kent)during my forties, and I got a huge buzz from being a student on campus, which then set me off to embarking on a Science Degree with the Open University!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct we do just make time, I hope you enjoy the course and it flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're mad! Don't get killing yourself by working too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire your strength of will. You set your sights on something and don't let go. I do worry about that Kev is right and you will work yourself sick. I remember when my wife was getting her masters degree, how hard it was on all of us. We would have to finish work, then drive two hours to a college in Atlanta, then drive home late at night. It was very hard, but her pay went up significantly when she finished and we all enjoyed that. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kirsty, Just stopped by to say hello. Hope all is well there.

    ReplyDelete